/Data is the leading research company in the developer economy: We help the world understand developers and developers understand the world. We survey 40,000+ developers annually - from mobile and cloud to AR/VR and machine learning - to help clients such as Microsoft, Facebook, Google and Amazon understand who developers are, and how satisfied they are with their products.
We are now looking for an Events Lead to join our Marketing team and take over all event operations for our Future Developer Events ( www.futuredeveloper.io). The role reports to the Marketing and Communications Manager.
As an Events Lead you will be a highly organised person with great communication skills, and experience in end-to-end event organisation. You will be able to keep detailed records of all event tasks, set important milestones and respect deadlines. You will also be a creative thinker, providing solutions and have excellent crisis management skills.
The role is full-time, based in our Athens office, but we will also consider other locations within Europe for exceptional candidates. Depending on your location, you will be working from our Athens office, your home office or co-working space as part of a distributed team.
What you‘ll be responsible for
Plan event from start to finish according to requirements, target audience and objectives. More specifically:
- Budget creation, expenditure and revenue tracking
- Communication with all event stakeholders (attendees, speakers,sponsors,suppliers),maintenance and update of the relevant lists
- Venue scouting and booking
- Be in charge of hiring personnel (DJs, waiters etc.) and supervise all staff (event coordinators, caterers etc.)
- Come up with suggestions to enhance the event’s success
- Source and negotiate with vendors and suppliers
- Catering arrangements
- A/V and technology set up and all on-site logistics
- Arrange for event entertainment and gifts
- Collaborate with the rest of the Marketing Team for communication and design ops
- Research for attendees, speakers and sponsors
- Create sponsorship options and secure sponsors for the events
- Organise the event flow at the venue and ensure everything goes according to plan
- Be responsible for all post event communication and nurturing the attendee list with content for upcoming events.
- Analyse the event’s success and prepare reports
Key success metrics
You will be successful in the role if in the first 6 months you have:
- Seamlessly organised all /Data events planned for 2019
- secured an attendee NPS rating of at least 80
- Lived the /Data company values and be a person others in the team enjoy working with
- Demonstrated to the leadership team that you can evolve to a critical member of the /Data team.
What we are looking for
- Be as good as native in English speaking and writing
- Previous experience of at least 2-3 in event planning and organisation
- Energetic, making a positive impression to everyone you meet, and being comfortable communicating at all levels
- Creative and savvy of marketing and promotion techniques
- Proven ability to deliver top quality results respecting all relevant deadlines
- Time, resources and budget management skills
- Comfortable negotiating with suppliers
- Experience in on boarding event sponsors
- A passion for technology, and understanding of how it’s impacting people’s lives
- Comfortable working as part of a distributed team across four continents.
Bonus points for
- Previous experience with events hosted in the United States
- Previous experience with working with high profile technology companies
What we offer
- Opportunity to make a difference as part of the leading research company in the developer economy
- Opportunity to work for some of the biggest tech brands in the world.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working environment
- Come to work in a t-shirt, shorts and flip flops, or tie and a suit
- Annual training budget to develop your skills and career
- Monthly book allowance from Amazon, on any book you like
- Spotify Premium subscription or Netflix vouchers
- Part of an entrepreneurial company that's raising the bar, and calling the trends of the developer economy