Junior Data Analyst
/Data is the leading research company in the developer economy: We help the world understand developers and developers understand the world. We survey 40,000+ developers annually - from mobile and cloud to AR/VR and machine learning - to help clients such as Microsoft, Facebook, Google and Amazon understand software developer audiences and measure the RoI of their developer strategies.
We are now looking for a Junior Data Analyst to support our research efforts. The Junior Data Analyst will be responsible for analysing our Developer Economics survey data to deliver eye-catching data visualisations.
The position is full time, based in Europe. You will be working from your home office or co-working space as part of a distributed team.
Who we’re looking for
As a Junior Data Analyst, you will have at least 1 year of working experience in data analysis. You will be fearless in number crunching and keen to show-off your pivots and visualisations with eye-candy that begs to differ from boring Excel charts.
You will have undertaken many data analysis projects where your attention to detail would impress.
What you’ll be doing
- Handling clients’ data requests, preparing tables and charts and communicating results.
- Assisting the other analysts with data analysis as needed.
- Validating the data shown in our dashboards.
- Supporting other internal teams, such as sales and developer outreach, with any data requests.
- Running data analysis using Excel, Python and Jupyter notebooks.
What we are looking for
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Fearless in data analysis and number crunching in Excel, Python, Jupyter notebooks
- Background in statistics, mathematics or applied economics
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Good quantitative research skills
- Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail
- Minimum of 1 year’s experience as an analyst
- Good English language skills (spoken and written)
Bonus points for
- A passion for technology, and an understanding of how it’s impacting people’s lives
- Good knowledge of MySQL is a plus
What we offer
- Opportunity to make a difference as part of the leading research company in the developer economy
- Opportunity to work for some of the biggest tech brands in the world.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working environment
- Come to work in a t-shirt, shorts and flip flops, or tie and a suit
- Annual training budget to develop your skills and career
- Monthly book allowance from Amazon, on any book you like
- Spotify Premium subscription or Netflix vouchers
- Part of an entrepreneurial company that's raising the bar, and calling the trends of the developer economy