Part Time Accounts Assistant
/Data is the leading research company in the developer economy: We help the world understand developers and developers understand the world. We survey 40,000+ developers annually - from mobile and cloud to AR/VR and machine learning - to help clients such as Microsoft, Facebook, Google and Amazon understand software developer audiences and measure the RoI of their developer strategies.
We are now looking for a Part Time Accounts Assistant to join our team. The role reports to the People Operations Manager working 20-25 hours per week based in our Athens office, but we will also consider other locations within Europe for exceptional candidates. Depending on your location, you will be working from our Athens office, your home office or co-working space as part of a distributed team.
What you‘ll be responsible for
- Maintaining our Quickbooks accounting system
- Maintaining the Sales & Purchase Ledger
- Processing payment runs to suppliers
- Reconciliation of Bank Accounts & Credit Cards
- Credit Control
- Maintaining Financial spreadsheets and reporting key metrics to the People Ops Manager
- Resolving supplier queries
- Processing Adhoc Expense claims
- Approx 20-25 hours per week
Key success metrics
You will be successful in the role if in the first 6 months you:
- Become depended on for maintaining our financial accounts, month-in, month-out.
- Measure and report key KPIs on a continual basis to management, week-in, week-out.
- Have demonstrated attention to detail, always the first to spot errors or omissions.
What we are looking for
- Comfortable in juggling numbers and spreadsheets on Excel, or Google Docs
- Good understanding of Accounting and Book-keeping
- Pleasant to work with, keen to meet new people and build relationships
- A natural inclination for attention to detail. You hate when things don’t look right!
- Incessantly organised, on top of your tasks each and every day
- An inclination for data-backed decisions. Data beats opinions, always.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Comfortable working as part of a distributed team across three continents
Bonus points for
- Previous experience with Quickbooks
- Familiarity with the UK accounting system
- An Accounting qualification
What we offer
- Opportunity to make a difference as part of the leading research company in the developer economy
- Opportunity to work for some of the biggest tech brands in the world.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working environment
- Come to work in a t-shirt, shorts and flip flops, or tie and a suit
- Annual training budget to develop your skills and career
- Monthly book allowance from Amazon, on any book you like
- Spotify Premium subscription or Netflix vouchers
- Part of an entrepreneurial company that's raising the bar, and calling the trends of the developer economy
We read CVs but we love people. Apply with a video or a short PowerPoint presentation introducing yourself and why you want to work for /Data. Mark it private or unlisted so that it’s only visible to us.