/Data is the leading research company in the developer economy: We help the world understand developers and developers understand the world. We survey 40,000+ developers annually - from mobile and cloud to AR/VR and machine learning - to help clients such as Microsoft, Facebook, Google and Amazon understand understand software developer audiences and measure the ROI of their developer strategies.
We are now looking for a Partnerships Lead to join our partnerships team and contribute to growth of /Data’s developer network. The role reports to the Partnerships Manager.
As a Partnerships Lead you’ll be responsible to further enhance and develop /Data’s relationships with Key Partners and paid channels as well as contribute to designing and executing acquisition and loyalty programs to grow our developers community.
The role is full-time, based in our Athens office, but we will also consider other locations within Europe or North America (east coast) for exceptional candidates. Depending on your location, you will be working from our Athens office, your home office or co-working space as part of a distributed team.
What you‘ll be responsible for
- Own the partner proposition for long tail partners and paid media.
- Manage partner operations, communication, budget, dashboards, and partner performance monitoring during our major survey waves.
- Partner development: Listen and meet with partners to understand their needs and jobs-to-be-done.
- Lead the partner proposition: experiment with improved value propositions that will create value for their communities and become must-have for those partners.
- Own /Data’s developer-facing proposition: Developer Economics, incl. the website.
- Own, manage and grow partnerships with long-tail partners (i.e. communities, meetups etc) and large paid tech media with the goal to increase developer participation in surveys.
- Run Internal survey performance analysis, measurement of RoI, and reporting key findings to the team
Key success metrics
You will be successful in the role if in the first 6 months you:
- Increase the valid responses of your partnerships accounts by 5% vs last survey.
- Execute a sustainable 360 promotion plan for one key region; including Local Marketing, Hosting and Partnerships Activations.
- Design and execute a Loyalty/Engagement Program for the developer economics community
What we are looking for
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent command of the English language, proficiency in additional European languages considered a bonus
- 2-3 years experience in business development, account management, or partnerships
- An interest and fit to what we do at /Data
- Having worked in small, agile companies
- Resourceful; ability to come up with creative solutions amidst constrained money and time resources
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Business Administration, Statistics, Marketing and/or related business or scientific field
- Comfortable working as part of a distributed team
- Able to work early evenings (Europe) to speak to US customers
- Self-disciplined; having the willpower to systematically persist with emails and calls, being able to deal with client rejection, and being accountable for achieving own goals
- Amicable; able to build relationships quickly
- Empathic; able to understand what partners really need
- Growth mindset, with a desire to learn and continually improve
- Ability to prioritise, multitask, and manage time productively
- Team drive; seriously caring more about what the team accomplishes than your individual goals
Bonus points for
- 1-2 years experience in Digital Marketing and/or Performance Marketing
- A proven track record in building and maintaining strong B2B partner or sales relationships
- Proven experience of managing complex projects
What we offer
- Opportunity to make a difference as part of the leading research company in the developer economy
- Opportunity to work for some of the biggest tech brands in the world.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working environment
- Come to work in a t-shirt, shorts and flip flops, or tie and a suit
- Annual training budget to develop your skills and career
- Monthly book allowance from Amazon, on any book you like
- Spotify Premium subscription or Netflix vouchers
- Part of an entrepreneurial company that's raising the bar, and calling the trends of the developer economy
We read CVs but we love people. Apply with a video or a short PowerPoint presentation introducing yourself and why you want to work for /Data. Mark it private or unlisted so that it’s only visible to us.